- Stayton Intermediate/Middle School
Dear Parents of Student-Athletes,
We are so excited to have athletics back at Stayton Middle School. Practice kicked off on Wednesday, but it’s not too late to sign-up. I will be providing links to everything you need at the bottom of my letter.
Please be sure to read this newsletter thoroughly and watch the provided presentation. This will help you with any questions you may have regarding our middle school athletics.
For those of you who are unsure about what is offered for middle school student-athletes, here is the list of Fall Sports:
- Girls Volleyball (7th and 8th grade)
- Girls Soccer (7th and 8th grade)
- Football (7th and 8th grade)
- Boys Soccer (6th-8th grade)
- We are allowing 6th-graders for this year only to help us fill out our team.
- Cross Country (6th-8th grade)
The Fall sports season is always the busiest time of the year and the largest attended parent meeting. To be cautious and to allow a greater chance of our season getting off on the right foot, we will be holding individual parent meetings with your coaches.
It is important, however, to be sure to spend a few minutes watching THIS VIDEO. This is a presentation that I put together to give you all of the necessary information that you will need to know in order for you to navigate your student-athletes season.
As always, once you attend one parent meeting, you don’t need to attend any others for the remainder of the school year unless you would like to personally meet your coach.
Here are some helpful links for you:
- Want to register your student for a middle school or high school sport? Please use FamilyID, which is our new online registration platform.
- If your student is going to travel home from an away game with someone other than their legal guardian, you are required to use the NSSD Transportation Form
- Your student-athlete must have a current physical on the approved form:
Thank you so much for your time and efforts as we all navigate what will hopefully be a more normal school year and athletic season. If you have any questions regarding my PowerPoint presentation, please contact me via email and I will answer your questions as soon as I can. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
Stayton Intermediate and Middle School