Dear Families of 2023-2024 Kindergarten Students:
We are so excited that you will be joining us in Kindergarten! Registration packets are now available in the Mari-Linn School office. Please stop by and pick up your child's today. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call, 503-859-2154, or stop by our school between the hours of 8:00am – 3:00pm.
STEP 1 - DOCUMENTATION
The following items are required to register Kindergarten students:
1) Birth Certificate or other documentation to prove a child's age (students must be five years old by September 1st)
2) Immunization Records
3) Proof of Residency which consists of:
- Utility bill with your name and address listed
- Lease / Rental Agreement
- Mortgage Statement
- Driver's license/ID card
Please complete either fillable pdf#1 or #2 below and either print and return to the school office. If emailing, please scan the proof of residency used.
For individuals who've recently moved, the items listed above can be difficult to obtain in a short time period. If documentation is unavailable because you are living with another family or friends, you can use form #2 which involves the homeowner affirming that the student is residing with them.
(1) Verification of Residency in NSSD Boundaries
(2) Affirmation of Student's Residency by Non-Parent/Guardian
(only needed if the student is residing, along with the parent/guardian, in someone else's home so they do not have proof of residency)
STEP 1 - HEALTH FORMS
1) Does your child have an ongoing health condition? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
2) Does your child have asthma? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
3) Does your child have a serious or severe allergy? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
4) Does your child have a seizure disorder? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
5) Will your child need to be administered medication at school by district staff? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
6) Do you wish to grant your child permission to administer their own medication at school? *Special conditions apply* In grades K-8 , this is only available for some inhalers or epi-pens. If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
STEP 3 - BUS REGISTRATION
Will your student need bus transportation to or from school? If yes, please click the icon below to be directed to MidColumbia Bus Company page of this website. Please note that K-8 students who live less than one mile from their school and high school students who live less than 1.5 miles from their school do not qualify for bus service.
STEP 4 - MEAL SERVICES
All students attending Stayton Elementary (SES), Stayton Intermediate/Middle (SIS/SMS) or Mari-Linn (ML) Schools have automatically been approved to eat one breakfast and lunch meal per day at no charge through the Community Eligibility Provision. There is no paperwork needed! Should a student wish to eat an additional meal or purchase supplemental items, they will need to pay for those with cash or funds that have been deposited into their lunch accounts. Stayton High (SHS), Options Academy (OA) or Sublimity (SUB) Schools have not met the requirements for whole-building qualification, but families may still apply for free or reduced meals on an individual basis. It is important to note that meal charges will start being assessed on the 1st day of school, so it is critical that families apply before school starts.
If you have a student(s) at a qualifying school (SES, SIS/SMS or ML) and a student(s) at a non-qualifying school (SHS, OA or SUB), you will need to either deposit funds into a meal account or complete an application for your household to determine eligibility for free/reduced meals for students attending SHS, OA or SUB.
My MealTime Lunch Accounts > use this to deposit funds electronically and view your students' purchases. They now have a mobile app as well! Deposits can also be made by cash or check.
STEP 5 - COMPLETE REGISTRATION & LANGUAGE SURVEY FORMS
The North Santiam School District is currently transitioning to a new student information system where all enrollment information is stored and therefore, online registration is not available at this time. These forms are both required and available as fillable pdfs which can then be printed or emailed to the applicable school office. If you are unable to access the form from the website, please contact the school's office for a paper packet.
Once you have completed this form and any applicable ones from steps 1-2, you can either print and deliver to the school office or attach them all to an email and send to the address at the top of the page.