Dear Families of 2022-23 Kindergarten Students:
We are so excited that you will be joining us in Kindergarten during the 2022-23 school year. We will be holding our annual Kindergarten Round Up Night is Thursday, May 12th, 5:00-6:00pm English session AND 6:00-7:00pm Spanish session.
First of all, your child must be 5 years old before September 1st, 2022. Next, your child must have ONE vaccination before starting school for each of the following required vaccines: Dtap, MMR, Varicella, Hep A, Hep B, amd Polio.
Step 1. Verify you live in North Santiam School District, Stayton Elementary School attendance area. To see if your residence is within the Stayton Elementary School boundaries you can go to the SCHOOLS/BOUNDARIES page.
Step 2. You will need to provide our school with the following materials before we proceed with enrolling your kindergarten student for the 2022-23 school year. You may either fax to 503-769-1709, email to either email@example.com or Jodie.firstname.lastname@example.org as well as opt to drop off the materials at our office.
* Birth Certificate or a different form to prove child's age
* Immunization Records
* Proof of Residency which consists of:
- Utility bill with your name and address listed
- Lease / Rental Agreement
- Mortgage Statement
Step 3. You will click on the "Registar" icon to begin the registration process.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call, 503-769-2336, or stop by our school between the hours of 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Step by Step Directions for Parents & Guardians~
Please read steps 1-6 to determine which District-wide forms apply to your student(s). You can choose to print the forms you need or save them to your device and send them via email to the applicable school offices once you've completed all the forms. If you print them, you can deliver them to your child's school office or fax them. If you choose to email, please send them to the following addresses as applicable:
Stayton High School: shs.register@nsantiam.
Stayton Middle School: sms.register@nsantiam.
Stayton Intermediate School: sis.register@nsantiam.
Stayton Elementary School: ses.register@nsantiam.
Sublimity School: sub.register@nsantiam.
Options Academy: oa.register@nsantiam.
STEP 1 *ONLY FOR STUDENTS NEW TO NSSD*
(if your student is already enrolled in NSSD, skip to step 2)
All students must provide proof of residency the first time they enroll in a NSSD school. This could include a utility bill with your name on it, a rental agreement, mortgage paperwork or a property tax statement. A parent/guardian driver's license will also suffice, but for individuals who've recently moved, this can be difficult to obtain in a short time period. If documentation is unavailable because you are living with another family or friends, you can use form #2 which involves the homeowner affirming that the student is residing with them. Please complete the fillable pdf below and either print and return to the school office or email to the applicable address shown above. If emailing, please scan the proof of residency used.
(1) Verification of Residency in NSSD Boundaries
(2) Affirmation of Student's Residency by Non-Parent/Guardian
(only needed if the student is residing, along with the parent/guardian, in someone else's home so they do not have proof of residency)
If your student has an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) or 504 (Individual Health Plan), a copy will need to be provided to the school before the student may begin attending classes. A copy should come when records are sent from their previous school, but this can take 14 days once the request is made. If you are able to provide copies at the time of registration, this will greatly streamline the process. Parents must sign either type of plan so if it doesn't sound familiar, it is most likely neither apply to your child.
*If you are unable to access or print forms from steps 1 or 2, please skip to Step 4 and then contact your school office to complete them in-person*
STEP 2 - SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTH FORMS
1) Does your child have an ongoing health condition? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
2) Does your child have asthma? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
3) Does your child have a serious or severe allergy? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
4) Does your child have a seizure disorder? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
5) Will your child need to be administered medication at school by district staff? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.
6) Do you wish to grant your child permission to administer their own medication at school? *Special conditions apply* In grades K-8 , this is only available for some inhalers or epi-pens. If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and return it to their school office via printed copy or email.