Guide Group is a collection of tasks and assignments that fulfill the state's College and Career Readiness requirement for high school graduation. Students are required to complete all tasks in order to be eligible to graduate. More specific information can be found here.
Students schedules will be available on Photo/Locker Day on August 12th & 13th. Schedule change requests will be available on that day via an online form. The form can be found here and will only be available from August 12th at 7 am until September 6th at 3 pm.
Schedule changes will be limited and students must have a reason for wanting a schedule change. Changes will not be made to accomodate a desired lunch or teacher.
We have several programs for students to obtain college credit in high school. Each of these programs offere different courses and credits.
- Willamette Promise
- Willamette Promise credit is awarded by Western Oregon University.
- Examples of Willamette Promise classes are Algebra 2, College Algebra, Advanced Biology, and more
- College Credit Now (CCN)
- CCN is awarded through Chemeketa Community College.
- Examples of CCN credit are Computer Literacy, Spanish 3 and 4, Writing 115-1221, etc.
- Advanced Placement Course (AP)
- AP classes are specific courses that prepare students to take College Board AP Exams. Student's scores on the exams are sent to the college(s) of their choice and colleges and universities award credit based on the score obtained.
- There are fees required for the AP Exams. (Please see your counselor if the AP Exam fees will be a barrier to taking the AP courses.)
- Willamette Promise
As a school we know that students sometimes struggle and we want to provide them with opportunities to get extra help. Here are some of the opportunities that we provide:
1) Academic Academy: offered during lunch on Mondays and Wednesday
2) Eagle Time: Every Wednesday after 3rd period, all student have a Study Hall period. Students have the opportunity make arrangements with teachers to come re-take tests or get help with assignments or projects but it must be pre-arranged.
3)Night School (Monday through Thursday) 3pm to 4pm
There are several community and local resources available. The counselors are available to talk with students and families to help connect them with resources and support.