There are many types of financial aid to help students attend a college, university or trade school.
- Types of Aid:
- Grants: No repayment required and typcially are needs-based; Awarded by Federal & State Government
- Scholarships/Need Based: No repayment required and are awarded based on student/family's need;
- Scholarships/Merit based: No repayment required and are awarded based on students' merits (grades, community service, activities, essays, awards, etc.);
- Student Loans: Repayment required, usually starting 6 months after graduation. Available from Government and from Private Institutions;
- Work Study: Students earn money to pay for school through part-time on (and sometimes off) campus jobs. Availability varies from school to school