• Registration and Enrollment Overview For Grades 1-12
    To enroll a Kindergarten student, please click on the Kindergarten tab while on the school's website 
    Stayton Elementary
    Sublimity Elementary

    The North Santiam School District has transitioned to using the online software Registar ® as part of the enrollment process. This system enables parents and guardians to efficiently update information for returning students or enter the necessary  information to enroll. The enrollment process has seven steps but not all will apply to every student. Registar was formatted to work best on a computer or chromebook but users can still access it with smartphones and tablets although they may not experience the same ease of use. Computers are available at all schools and the district office by appointment and only during regular business hours.  Printed registration materials are available upon request at all schools. 

    Please note that proof of residence is required when enrolling in NSSD for the first time. Proof of age and documentation of at least one round of required vaccinations is also required for Kindergarten.

    If you are new to the area, you may want to confirm your address is within the NSSD boundaries and if so, which campus is considered your "resident school". You can click on the map below to view the NSSD boundaries map. 

    NSSD Boundaries Map

    NSSD Boundaries Map 


    If you live inside these boundaries but wish your student to attend another school district or a different school within NSSD OR you live outside our boundaries but wish to attend NSSD, please contact the Superintendent's office at 503-769-4928 or at communications@nsantiam.k12.or.us. Students residing outside NSSD will also need to obtain a release from their resident school district. 

    Transfers into or within NSSD may be limited due class sizes at your school of choice. Likewise, it is advisable to contact an outside school district first to ensure they are accepting transfers into their district at your student's grade level(s). 

    As of the 2020-21 school year, NSSD is no longer releasing students to online charter schools such as OR Connections Academy or Silvies River Charter School as the District has now reached the limit of students allowed by law who are already enrolled in these institutions (this does not apply to parents wishing to homeschool their students using their own curriculum).  In addition to reaching the maximum cap, NSSD also now has it's own virtual learning platform called Options Academy! Click HERE for more details.

  • Step by Step Directions for Parents & Guardians~

    Please read steps 1-5 to determine which District-wide forms apply for your student(s). You can choose to print the forms you need or save them to your device and send them via email to the applicable school offices once you've completed all the forms. If you print them, you can deliver them to your child's school office or fax them. If you choose to email, please send them to the following addresses as applicable:

    Stayton High School: shs.register@nsantiam.k12.or.us
    Stayton Middle School: sms.register@nsantiam.k12.or.us
    Stayton Intermediate School: sis.register@nsantiam.k12.or.us
    Stayton Elementary School: ses.register@nsantiam.k12.or.us
    Sublimity School: sub.register@nsantiam.k12.or.us
    Mari-Linn: ml.register@nsantiam.k12.or.us
    Options Academy: oa.register@nsantiam.k12.or.us


    (if your student is already enrolled in NSSD, skip to step 2)

    All students must provide proof of residency the first time they enroll in a NSSD school. This could include a utility bill with a your name on it, a rental agreement, mortgage paperwork or a property tax statement. A parent/guardian driver's license will also suffice but for individuals who've recently moved, this can be difficult to obtain in a short time period. If documentation is unavailable because you are living with another family or friends, you can use form #2 which involves the homeowner affirming that the student is residing with them. Please complete the fillable pdf below and either print and return to the school office or email to the applicable address shown above. If emailing, please scan the proof of residency used.

    (1) Verification of Residency in NSSD Boundaries
    (2) Affirmation of Student's Residency by Non-Parent/Guardian 
    (only needed if the student is residing, along with the parent/guardian, in someone's else's home so they do not have proof of residency)

    If your student has an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) or 504 (Individual Health Plan), a copy will need to be provided to the school before the student may begin attending classes. A copy should come when records are sent from their previous school but this can take 14 days once the request in made. If you are able to provide copies at the time of registration, this will greatly streamline the process. Parents must sign either type of plan so if it doesn't sound familiar, it is most likely neither apply to your child. 



    1) Does your child have an ongoing health condition? If yes, please the fillable pdf below and either print and return to the school office or email to the applicable address shown above.

    Ongoing Health Condition Supplemental Form (English)
    Ongoing Health Condition Supplemental Form (Spanish)

    2) Does your child have asthma? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and either print and return to the school office or email to the applicable address shown above.

    Asthma Supplemental Form (English)
    Asthma Supplemental Form (Spanish)

    3) Does your child have a serious or severe allergy? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and either print and return to the school office or email to the applicable address shown above.

    Severe Allergy Supplemental Form (English)
    Severe Allergy Supplemental Form (Spanish)

    4) Does your child have a seizure disorder? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and either print and return to the school office or email to the applicable address shown above.

    Seizures Supplemental Form (English)
    Seizures Supplemental Form (Spanish)

    5) Will your child need to be administered medication at school by district staff? If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and either print and return to the school office or email to the applicable address shown above

    Medication Permission Form (English)
    Medication Permission Form (Spanish)

    6) Does you wish to grant your child permission to adminster their own medications at school? *Special conditions apply. In grades K-8 , this is only available for some inhalers or epi-pens. If yes, please complete the fillable pdf below and either print and return to the school office or email to the applicable address shown above

    Self-Medication Permission Form and Agreement (English)
    Self-Medication Permission Form and Agreement (Spanish



    Do you wish to volunteer in your student's classroom or attend field trips? If yes, please complete both fillable pdfs below and either print and return to the school office or email to the applicable address shown above .

    ALL volunteers are required to complete a background form annually and be cleared prior to serving in schools. To ensure you will cleared in time to attend a function or field trip, forms should be submitted at least one week prior so it's a great idea to fill it out now and submit it with the rest of the forms. 

    (please complete both forms)
    Volunteer Background Check Request
    Volunteer Release Agreement



    Will your student need bus transportation to or from school? If yes, please complete click the icon below to be directed to MidColumbia Bus Company page of this website. Please note that K-8 students who live less than one mile from their school and high school students will live less than 1.5 miles from their school do not qualify for bus services.  

    School Bus Registration


    Normally this is where parents would set up a meal account and/or apply for free or reduced meal prices but the District has received tentative word that both breakfast and lunch meals will be FREE TO ALL STUDENTS in the 2021-22 school year. Once this has been confirmed, this section will be updated.



    Click on the Registar ® link to begin completing the registration section. Please note an email address is required in order to register as a user. If you are registering a student who is currently enrolled in NSSD, you  will need your "PIV/PINNACLE USERNAME". This is the same number used to log into the Pinnacle Grades Viewer on school websites. Prior to the annual re-registration process, schools will also send out a communication with this information. Computers will be available by appointment at each school and the district office for those who need internet access and a device to complete the registration process. Printed packets are also available at all schools for those who do not wish to enroll electonically.



    • If your student plans to participate in athletics, they may also need the following forms if you plan to have them ride home after sporting events with someone other than yourself or on the bus.

    Student Athlete Transportation Permission Form
    Student Athlete Transportation Permission Form-Spanish

     ATTENTION NEW STUDENTS TO STAYTON HIGH SCHOOL! If  the following documents are available when the registration is submitted, it will expedite the enrollment process! In some cases, as with IEPs or 504s, students may not be able to attend classes, until the documents are received.
    • Birth Certificate, adoption paper, legal guardianship documentation, and/or passport
    • Proof of Residency (utility statement or rental agreement dated within the last 60 days, or mortgage/lease agreement identifying physical address)
    • Transcript
    • Withdrawal Grades
    • most recent IEP and Statement of Eligibility for Special Education Services (if applicable)
    • 504 Plan (if applicable)
    • Current immunization records


    Please visit their websites as well to complete the process.

    Stayton Intermediate/Middle School

    Stayton Elementary School

    Sublimity School

    Mari-Linn School


      Registration FAQ’s

      • What if I do not have an email address?

        • There are many free, web-based, email providers that are currently available. It usually takes just a few minutes to create an account. 
          You can go to www.gmail.com,  www.hotmail.com, or  www.yahoo.com  and create new accounts. 

      • What if I do not have a computer or internet access at home?

        • You may call and schedule an appointment to use one of the computers at the school. You may also be able to use a computer at the Stayton Library but please contact them to determine availability. 

        • Registration forms are still available in printed form. You will need to call 503-769-2171 ext 6300 to make an appointment. 
      • What if I don’t know the number of my emergency contact?

        • We cannot have an emergency contact without a number listed. This is a required field.

      • What if I don't have the information for a required field?

        • Use all 0's if you dont have a phone number for a contact person

        • Write "None" in the field (Example:  Dentist name:  None).


    More questions?  Contact Candi Riordan, Registrar
    Office Hours: 7:30 am - 4 pm