Attached is information on Outdoor School and the recent presentation to parents of students in grade 6. Additional questions or comments are welcome. Please contact the school office at 503-769-2198 for the staff member in charge of the Outdoor School experience.
Each student attending Outdoor School will develop an understanding of, and appreciation for, their natural environment and will acquire desirable attitudes concerning the conservation of natural and human resources.
- The Outdoor School program provides that firsthand experience with the interrelationships and adaptations found in nature, the dynamics of energy, cycles and systems of change, and people’s dependency and responsibility to the environment.
- Students will develop social skills including making new friends, being responsible for their own behavior, and experiencing healthful and democratic living where the sharing of responsibilities is expected.
- Each student will experience the joy that can be derived from pleasurable activities in the outdoors.
- Students will increase sensory skills, which will help them observe and accurately identify the components of the universe.
- The Outdoor School program will develop informed citizens who will positively influence the future of our world.