- College Fair
- All Juniors will be attending the college fair this year at the end of October
- Permission slips will be handed out in Guide Group.
- ASVAB Testing
- Students will be taking the ASVAB in December this year.
- Students will be excused from classes while the are taking the test.
- College Fair
Guide Group for 11th Grade
In order to keep up on Extended Application requirements for graduation, students should have completed the following by the end of their Junior year*:
- 5 hours of Community Service
- 1 CRLE (Job Shadow, Internship or Work Experience)
- Reflection Paper also required to complete CRLE
Other requirements and tasks must be completed as part of the regular Guide Group requirements. See Guide Group page for specifics.
Please make sure you are up to date on requirements from previous years. Students who do not have Guide Group requirements completed at the end of their senior year, will not be allowed to graduate.
*These requirements must be met each year in order for students to complete their Extended Application requirements for graduation.
Things to Start Thinking About....
- Colleges or after high school plan: You're going to want to start nailing down your plans so that you can know how to prepare for them, whether you are headed into the work force, college, community college or the military.
- If you're headed to college:
- Begin to think about scholarships and begin to apply for them.
- Look into the ACT and the SAT and decide which one you want to take (or if you want to take both). It is recommended that you take them in the Spring or Summer of Junior year.
- Continue to work hard in your classes. Your grades matter even if you aren't going to college.
- Make sure you have the classes that you need to graduate and that you are up to date on Guide Group requirements. The counselors are available to help answer any questions. The more on top of it you are this year, the less you have to worry about during Senior year.