We change kids' lives.
It's more than just a motto.... it's our guide, our passion, our commitment!
There are many reasons to choose NSSD! Here are just a few...
- KIDS! - Our students are fantastic! We have writers, readers, athletes, actors, musicians, artists, welders, and students with all sorts of other talents and aspirations. We have kids with great hearts who need strong, positive role models in those they see and interact with at school. They need YOU!
- Staff - Like our students, our staff have many talents and strengths. We are a collaborative group who hold ourselves and each other to a high standard! We believe in the work we do and 91.8% of teachers reported in the 2018 TELL Survey that the NSSD is a place they enjoy working!
- Community - Stayton is 14 miles east of Salem along Highway 22. We are centrally located between the beach and the mountains and have a small-town atmosphere while still offering activities for all ages. We have a local swimming pool, movie theater, library, and many beautiful city parks.
- Mentor Program - We support first and second-year teachers with an experienced mentor teacher to support them in becoming more effective and experienced educators.
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination program) - AVID develops college and career readiness through engaging, rigorous, and student-centered learning environments. Regardless of their life circumstances, AVID students overcome obstacles and achieve success. They graduate and attend college at higher rates, but more importantly, they can think critically, collaborate, and set high expectations.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - We have a great and easy-to-use program for Tuition Reimbursement to assist in furthering the education of our employees.
- PERS contribution - NSSD pays the 6% employee portion of the PERS contribution, which many employers do not.
- Professional Development - In an effort to support your learning, we offer many, on-going professional development opportunities throughout the year. We encourage our staff to grow!
Join the North Santiam School District Team! Apply today! We use Unified Talent Applicant Tracking (formerly Recruit & Hire) and all applications are submitted through their program. To view current job openings and apply for positions, click on the link below.
- Log in to Unified Talent Applicant Tracking or create a new account (linked to the button above).
- Complete all sections of the application and attach the required documents.
SALARY SCHEDULES: To learn more about our Salary Schedules, please select from the links below.